Arun Yadav demands action against accused in rape of sarpanch
Khargone (MP): Union Minister of State for
Heavy Industries, Arun Yadav on Sunday demanded action against
those responsible for alleged rape of an elected dalit woman
sarpanch in Khandwa district.
In a letter to Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister, Shivraj
Singh Chouhan, Yadav, who is an MP from Khandwa Lok Sabha
seat, demanded action against those responsible for raping an
elected woman sarpanch.
Yadav alleged that there is no law and order situation
in the state. The incident of rape of a woman sarpanch and
till date no action against the accused persons was taken as
an example for absence of law and order in the state, the
letter copies of which were issued to the media said.
He said that records claimed that Madhya Pradesh is
leading in the country on the issue of crime. If the woman
sarpanch did not get justice then, Congress will launch an
agitation against the BJP government in the state.
It can be recalled that four persons have allegedly raped
a dalit woman sarpanch of Kailari village on September 23,
following which the victim had filed an FIR in the police
station concerned in Khandwa district.
Meanwhile, the Congress Khandwa City unit president Ajay
Ojha demanded security for the victim woman and her son in
view of the threat to their lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail