Arun Yadav demands action against accused in rape of sarpanch
Khargone (MP): Union Minister of State for
Heavy Industries, Arun Yadav on Sunday demanded action against
those responsible for alleged rape of an elected dalit woman
sarpanch in Khandwa district.
In a letter to Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister, Shivraj
Singh Chouhan, Yadav, who is an MP from Khandwa Lok Sabha
seat, demanded action against those responsible for raping an
elected woman sarpanch.
Yadav alleged that there is no law and order situation
in the state. The incident of rape of a woman sarpanch and
till date no action against the accused persons was taken as
an example for absence of law and order in the state, the
letter copies of which were issued to the media said.
He said that records claimed that Madhya Pradesh is
leading in the country on the issue of crime. If the woman
sarpanch did not get justice then, Congress will launch an
agitation against the BJP government in the state.
It can be recalled that four persons have allegedly raped
a dalit woman sarpanch of Kailari village on September 23,
following which the victim had filed an FIR in the police
station concerned in Khandwa district.
Meanwhile, the Congress Khandwa City unit president Ajay
Ojha demanded security for the victim woman and her son in
view of the threat to their lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you