Asaram Bapu kicks devotee, hurls abuses
Bhopal: Days after airing his objectionable remarks on the December 16 gang-rape case, godman Asaram Bapu has courted another controversy - this time by kicking one of his ardent devotees.
Reports, Wednesday, said that the godman recently lost his temper and kicked one of his devotees, who went to seek his blessings.
The incident took place on Monday in Madhya Pradesh’s Vidisha district, where Asaram had gone to deliver his sermon.
Aman Singh Dangi, the victim, later told reporters that he was brutally kicked by the godman and his guards when he went near the spiritual guru to touch his feet after a religious discourse.
Not only this, the godman also hurled abuses at Dangi in presence of other devotees and asked him to shoo away.
Later, some devotees also claimed that Asaram had even abused Yamaraj - the god of death - in his sermon on the same day.
Asaram is not new to controversies as he had been earlier accused of poisoning one of his disciples in Madhya Pradesh. Asaram’s name also made headlines when some teenage boys were found dead under mysterious circumstances at his ashram. The occult practice at his ashram was blamed for the boys’ deaths.
Besides, he has also been accused of sexual assault and grabbing government land for his business interests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof