Asaram is paying price for his deeds: Madhya Pradesh minister
Indore: Madhya Pradesh Urban Development Minister Babulal Gaur on Friday said that the controversial godman Asaram Bapu was paying the the price for his past deeds.
"Jo Jaisa Karega, Vaisa hi Bhugtega (as you sow, so shall you reap)," the minister said, when asked by reporters to comment on Asaram, arrested from here by Jodhpur police for allegedly sexually assaulting a minor girl.
"Asaram is not a saint, only a preacher," Gaur said.
As to the coming Assembly elections in the state, Gaur said that BJP would win 70-75 seats in urban areas this time while Congress may get less than 28 seats there.
In 2008 BJP had bagged 62 seats in urban areas while Congress had got 28.
Gaur, a nine-time MLA, said he had no plans to retire from politics and will be contesting the election.
He alleged that Central government had blocked grant of Rs 365 crore to Madhya Pradesh for various urban development schemes.
He also said that a notification will be issued soon to regularise the illegal colonies constructed till December 31, 2012. A total of 3,878 colonies would be regularised in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi