Asaram is paying price for his deeds: Madhya Pradesh minister
Indore: Madhya Pradesh Urban Development Minister Babulal Gaur on Friday said that the controversial godman Asaram Bapu was paying the the price for his past deeds.
"Jo Jaisa Karega, Vaisa hi Bhugtega (as you sow, so shall you reap)," the minister said, when asked by reporters to comment on Asaram, arrested from here by Jodhpur police for allegedly sexually assaulting a minor girl.
"Asaram is not a saint, only a preacher," Gaur said.
As to the coming Assembly elections in the state, Gaur said that BJP would win 70-75 seats in urban areas this time while Congress may get less than 28 seats there.
In 2008 BJP had bagged 62 seats in urban areas while Congress had got 28.
Gaur, a nine-time MLA, said he had no plans to retire from politics and will be contesting the election.
He alleged that Central government had blocked grant of Rs 365 crore to Madhya Pradesh for various urban development schemes.
He also said that a notification will be issued soon to regularise the illegal colonies constructed till December 31, 2012. A total of 3,878 colonies would be regularised in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand