Asaram`s ashram at Bhedhaghat demolished by local authorities
Jabalpur: Local authorities on Tuesday demolished Asaram`s ashram situated at Chowkitaal in Bhedhaghat area near after clearing all legal hurdles.
Nearly 7,000 square feet of permanent illegal construction in the ashram was demolished by local authorities in the presence of a large number of police personnel, officials said.
Bhedhaghat`s municipality`s Chief Executive Officer Anita Yadav and Tehsildar Rishabh Jain told reporters at the demolition site that permanent illegal constructions measuring 7,000 square feet was demolished by authorities in the absence of any legal papers.
The total area of the ashram is 21,000 square feet, they said.
The construction was declared illegal in October 2013 after which ashram authorities went to the high court.
However, the high court directed the district collector to take up the matter.
After the ashram failed to get any relief from the collector, the illegal construction was demolished.
Asaram`s supporters were present in large numbers on the occasion and turned emotional when the structure was being demolished.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal