ASI specifies times for Hindus and Muslims on Basa
Dhar (MP): The Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) has issued an order stipulating the times at which entry into the Bhojshala would be allowed to Hindus and Muslims on February 14 and 15.
The Muslim community would be allowed access to the premises on February 15 between 1 to 3 PM, according to an order issued by the ASI Director General Pravin Srivastava yesterday.
The Hindu community shall be permitted access to the premises to hold traditional ceremonies on February 14 from morning till evening and on February 15, excluding the period between 12 to 3.30 PM, it said.
The order has been issued as a special case and is applicable only on February 14 and 15, it mentioned.
Bhojshala complex is home to a Saraswati temple and Kamal Maula Mosque.
Routinely, every Tuesday Hindus offer prayers at Bhojshala while Muslims offer Namaz every Friday.
During the Basant Panchami festival, Hindus are allowed to perform puja at the monument the whole day.
The above arrangement was made following regular disputes between the two communities over the issue of ownership of the monument.
Coincidentally, Basant Panchami and the Friday Jumma Namaz this year are falling on the same day--February 15.
Some organisations have demanded that they should be allowed to offer prayers at the temple for the whole day on Basant Panchami.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH