Aslam blames senior Cong leaders for defeat in MP polls
Bhopal: Congress leader from Madhya Pradesh, Aslam Sher Khan on Tuesday blamed senior party leaders for the debacle in the recent state Assembly elections.
The Congress lost the Assembly segments in the parliamentary constituencies of Union ministers Kamalnath and Jyotiraditya Scindia and party general secretary Digvijay Singh, Aslam told reporters here.
"It was strange that the Congress lost the Assembly elections in their parliamentary constituencies but during Lok Sabha elections, the Congress wins there," the hockey Olympian-turned-politician
He further said "if state Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan was a true leader of masses, he should ensure the defeat of these three leaders in the Lok Sabha elections."
"I do not believe that the defeat of these three leaders was possible as the BJP was hand-in-glove with them," Aslam alleged.
"The time has come for the Congress to realise that politics was not confined only to big houses in New Delhi but has become something with which the common man is associated," he said.
Because of this Arvind Kejriwal`s Aam Aadmi Party has become a force to reckon with and did well in the Delhi Assembly elections, he said.
When asked if he would join AAP, the 61-year-old leader said at his age it was not possible.
To a query on whether he would seek a ticket for the forthcoming Lok Sabha elections, Aslam said he would not do so till the time there was "shadow boxing" between the Congress and BJP in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says