Aslam blames senior Cong leaders for defeat in MP polls
Bhopal: Congress leader from Madhya Pradesh, Aslam Sher Khan on Tuesday blamed senior party leaders for the debacle in the recent state Assembly elections.
The Congress lost the Assembly segments in the parliamentary constituencies of Union ministers Kamalnath and Jyotiraditya Scindia and party general secretary Digvijay Singh, Aslam told reporters here.
"It was strange that the Congress lost the Assembly elections in their parliamentary constituencies but during Lok Sabha elections, the Congress wins there," the hockey Olympian-turned-politician
He further said "if state Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan was a true leader of masses, he should ensure the defeat of these three leaders in the Lok Sabha elections."
"I do not believe that the defeat of these three leaders was possible as the BJP was hand-in-glove with them," Aslam alleged.
"The time has come for the Congress to realise that politics was not confined only to big houses in New Delhi but has become something with which the common man is associated," he said.
Because of this Arvind Kejriwal`s Aam Aadmi Party has become a force to reckon with and did well in the Delhi Assembly elections, he said.
When asked if he would join AAP, the 61-year-old leader said at his age it was not possible.
To a query on whether he would seek a ticket for the forthcoming Lok Sabha elections, Aslam said he would not do so till the time there was "shadow boxing" between the Congress and BJP in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister