Aslam blames senior Cong leaders for defeat in MP polls
Bhopal: Congress leader from Madhya Pradesh, Aslam Sher Khan on Tuesday blamed senior party leaders for the debacle in the recent state Assembly elections.
The Congress lost the Assembly segments in the parliamentary constituencies of Union ministers Kamalnath and Jyotiraditya Scindia and party general secretary Digvijay Singh, Aslam told reporters here.
"It was strange that the Congress lost the Assembly elections in their parliamentary constituencies but during Lok Sabha elections, the Congress wins there," the hockey Olympian-turned-politician
He further said "if state Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan was a true leader of masses, he should ensure the defeat of these three leaders in the Lok Sabha elections."
"I do not believe that the defeat of these three leaders was possible as the BJP was hand-in-glove with them," Aslam alleged.
"The time has come for the Congress to realise that politics was not confined only to big houses in New Delhi but has become something with which the common man is associated," he said.
Because of this Arvind Kejriwal`s Aam Aadmi Party has become a force to reckon with and did well in the Delhi Assembly elections, he said.
When asked if he would join AAP, the 61-year-old leader said at his age it was not possible.
To a query on whether he would seek a ticket for the forthcoming Lok Sabha elections, Aslam said he would not do so till the time there was "shadow boxing" between the Congress and BJP in the state.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- 50,000 security personnel to guard last phase of West Bengal Assembly Election 2016
- As Donald Trump becomes presumptive nominee, China urges objectivity
- WATCH: On this day, destructive AB de Villiers smashed Dale Steyn for 23 runs in one over
- JD(U) member of Rajya Sabha raises issue of paucity of judges
- Xiaomi Mi 5, Redmi Note 3 open sale gets over in minutes; next sale on May 11