Assembly passes 11 bills sans debate after opposition walkout
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Assembly passed 13 bills on Wednesday, virtually without any discussion amid a walkout by the Congress-led opposition, protesting against raising the time of the day`s sitting beyond 5 pm.
After the passage of the first supplementary budget amounting to Rs 3040 crore, the house discussed Madhya Pradesh Religious Freedom Amendment Bill moved by MP Home Minister Uma Shankar Gupta.
Arif Aqueel, Ramniwas Rawat and Yadvendra Singh (all Congress) took part in the debate after which it was passed.
Since the scheduled time of 5 pm for the day`s sitting of the house was over by then, MP assembly speaker Ishwardas Rohani took the house`s permission to extend the time for transacting the listed business of the day.
However, Congress members opposed this and demanded that discussion of other bills should take place afterwards instead of raising the time of the house, but the Speaker moved ahead with the proposal after getting a nod from the majority of members.
Opposing the decision, the Congress staged a walkout from the house and amidst the din, the house passed 11 other bills by a voice vote, without any discussion at all.
Meanwhile, Leader of the Opposition Ajay Singh who had tabled a no-confidence motion against the council of ministers headed by the Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, which is slated to be discussed tomorrow, said in a statement that the way the business of the house was conducted today, it appears that the Government would not allow the house to hold a debate on it.
He alleged that the government would not allow the house to complete its session scheduled till July 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing