Assembly polls: 50 lakh young voters in Madhya Pradesh
Bhopal: About 50 lakh young voters in the age group of 18 to 19 years from around one crore new voters in Madhya Pradesh would exercise their franchise for the first time in state Assembly elections, to be held on November 25.
A total of 4.6 crore voters will be eligible to cast their votes in the state, MP Chief Electoral Officer Jaideep Govind said.
The model code of conduct for elections has come into force in the state with immediate effect following the declaration of the poll schedule by the Election Commission, he said.
Officials has been advised to strictly follow the Defacement of Property Act in the state and ensure that no banners, posters or hoardings are put up on government or private properties, he said.
About one lakh police personnel and central forces would be deployed in Madhya Pradesh during the Assembly elections, Govind said, adding that that as per the instructions of Supreme Court, `none of the above` vote option would be available on Electronic Voting Machines during polling.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Sensex adds to gains for 2nd day, Nifty hits 15-month high
- Narsingh Yadav doping row: NADA hearing concludes, judgement either on Saturday or Monday
- Theresa May: Will she prove to be the second Iron Lady UK needs after Brexit?
- Political parties slam CM Mufti's 'wasn't aware of Burhan's whereabouts' remarks
- Nathan Lyon joins Muttiah Muralitharan and Harbhajan Singh in the 200-test-wicket club