Assembly polls: MP Congress divided over CM choice
Bhopal: Though assembly elections in Madhya Pradesh are almost one-and-a-half year away, Opposition Congress, which is looking to prevent BJP from scoring a hat-trick in the state appears to be divided on the issue of chief ministership.
While a section of the party led by Union Minister of State for Commerce and Industries, Jyotiraditya Scindia favoured for contesting polls under the tribal leader and Madhya Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC) President Kantilal Bhuria as Chief Minister, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh said the Congress high command, after consultation with party MLAs will elect the leader.
When asked whether Congress will contest the 2013 assembly polls in his leadership and also about his chief ministerial ambitions Scindia recently told reporters at Indore, "I don`t have any chief ministerial ambitions and the party will contest the elections in the leadership of Bhuria, who is the state party president."
To this, Bhuria said, "I am a disciplined party worker. My president has asked me to resign from Union Ministry and directed to take charge of Congress in Madhya Pradesh. In future also whatever the party high command asks me to do, I will do."
Meanwhile, Singh, who arrived at his ancestral Raghogarh town for launching his son, Jaiwardhan`s second leg of padyatra in Raghogarh assembly constituency in the run up to the 2013 polls, said, "In Congress there is a system to be followed. The party never projects anyone in advance as its leader and will follow the practice this time also."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla