Assembly polls: Women voters outnumbered men in 25 MP seats
Bhopal: Women voters outnumbered men in 25 out of the total 230 assembly constituencies where polling was held on November 25 for the Madhya Pradesh assembly elections.
As per official information, the 25 constituencies where the number of women voters was more than that of male voters are Karera, Raigaon, Satna, Nagaod, Maihar, Rampurbaghelan, Mangawan, Rewa, Dhoani, Chitrangi, Singrauli, Deosar, Beohari, Vijayrahogarh, Lanji, Balaghat, Waraseoni, Katangi, Barghat, Lakhnadon, Chhindwara, Multai, Betul, South-west Bhopal and Bhikangaon.
Most of these constituencies are in the Vindhya region of the state with the remaining seats being scattered all over MP.
The maximum number of women voters was in the Dhoani constituency where the percentage of male voters was 65.11 and that of women voters was 74.98 per cent.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'