Assembly polls: Women voters outnumbered men in 25 MP seats
Bhopal: Women voters outnumbered men in 25 out of the total 230 assembly constituencies where polling was held on November 25 for the Madhya Pradesh assembly elections.
As per official information, the 25 constituencies where the number of women voters was more than that of male voters are Karera, Raigaon, Satna, Nagaod, Maihar, Rampurbaghelan, Mangawan, Rewa, Dhoani, Chitrangi, Singrauli, Deosar, Beohari, Vijayrahogarh, Lanji, Balaghat, Waraseoni, Katangi, Barghat, Lakhnadon, Chhindwara, Multai, Betul, South-west Bhopal and Bhikangaon.
Most of these constituencies are in the Vindhya region of the state with the remaining seats being scattered all over MP.
The maximum number of women voters was in the Dhoani constituency where the percentage of male voters was 65.11 and that of women voters was 74.98 per cent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan