Asset over Rs 1 crore recovered from PHE sub-engineer`s house
Indore: Lokayukta Police on Thursday conducted raids at the residence of Public Health Engineering (PHE) department`s sub engineer and recovered assets worth over Rs 1.5 crore, disproportionate to his known sources of income.
Acting on a tip-off, a 30-member team raided sub engineer Rajkumar Soni`s residence and two other properties, Lokayukta SP, Virendra Singh told a news agency.
Initial investigations revealed that Soni owns properties worth Rs 1.5 crore despite the fact that his total salary during his 29-year-long service was amounting to Rs 40 lakh which proves disproportionate assets.
The engineer owns a hostel, two houses and two plots. Details of one more plot was recovered from his possession and its details are being worked out, Singh said.
Lokayukta sleuths also seized Rs 58,000 cash, jewellery worth Rs 4 lakh and household articles worth Rs 11.5 lakh from his three properties.
Singh said that Soni has deposited Rs 4 lakh cash in eight bank accounts and also invested Rs 8 lakh in 13 LIC policies.
A case under Prevention of Corruption Act has been registered against Soni and final valuation of his assets was underway, he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents