Asset over Rs 1 crore recovered from PHE sub-engineer`s house
Indore: Lokayukta Police on Thursday conducted raids at the residence of Public Health Engineering (PHE) department`s sub engineer and recovered assets worth over Rs 1.5 crore, disproportionate to his known sources of income.
Acting on a tip-off, a 30-member team raided sub engineer Rajkumar Soni`s residence and two other properties, Lokayukta SP, Virendra Singh told a news agency.
Initial investigations revealed that Soni owns properties worth Rs 1.5 crore despite the fact that his total salary during his 29-year-long service was amounting to Rs 40 lakh which proves disproportionate assets.
The engineer owns a hostel, two houses and two plots. Details of one more plot was recovered from his possession and its details are being worked out, Singh said.
Lokayukta sleuths also seized Rs 58,000 cash, jewellery worth Rs 4 lakh and household articles worth Rs 11.5 lakh from his three properties.
Singh said that Soni has deposited Rs 4 lakh cash in eight bank accounts and also invested Rs 8 lakh in 13 LIC policies.
A case under Prevention of Corruption Act has been registered against Soni and final valuation of his assets was underway, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand