At least 60 lakh saplings planted in MP
Bhopal: A record 60 lakh saplings have been planted in three districts of Madhya Pradesh`s Shahdol division.
State forest minister Sartaj Singh launched the mega campaign yesterday by planting a sapling at Diyapeepar village in Gohparo development block of Shahdol district, an official release said here Tuesday.
Shahdol forest division was making a strong presence felt in the world environment, the forest minister said, adding that about 60 lakh saplings were planted at 44,000 places in about 1,000 villages of Shahdol division, which would prove to be a great environmental boon for the state and country in future.
He appealed to people and forest department to ensure proper growth of the saplings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore