At least 60 lakh saplings planted in MP
Bhopal: A record 60 lakh saplings have been planted in three districts of Madhya Pradesh`s Shahdol division.
State forest minister Sartaj Singh launched the mega campaign yesterday by planting a sapling at Diyapeepar village in Gohparo development block of Shahdol district, an official release said here Tuesday.
Shahdol forest division was making a strong presence felt in the world environment, the forest minister said, adding that about 60 lakh saplings were planted at 44,000 places in about 1,000 villages of Shahdol division, which would prove to be a great environmental boon for the state and country in future.
He appealed to people and forest department to ensure proper growth of the saplings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Nathan Lyon joins Muttiah Muralitharan and Harbhajan Singh in the 200-test-wicket club
- Lawless UP: Dalit couple hacked to death for Rs 15 in Mulayam Singh Yadav's bastion Mainpuri
- GST Bill: Efforts to hammer out consensus gathers momentum, likely to be tabled in Rajya Sabha next week
- Brexit shockwaves hit British jobs, consumer confidence
- Mandsaur Muslim women assault case: Four accused held as victims narrate tale of horror