At least 60 lakh saplings planted in MP
Bhopal: A record 60 lakh saplings have been planted in three districts of Madhya Pradesh`s Shahdol division.
State forest minister Sartaj Singh launched the mega campaign yesterday by planting a sapling at Diyapeepar village in Gohparo development block of Shahdol district, an official release said here Tuesday.
Shahdol forest division was making a strong presence felt in the world environment, the forest minister said, adding that about 60 lakh saplings were planted at 44,000 places in about 1,000 villages of Shahdol division, which would prove to be a great environmental boon for the state and country in future.
He appealed to people and forest department to ensure proper growth of the saplings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH