Ayodhya issue not dead: Uma Bharti
Bhopal: Senior BJP leader Uma Bharti on Wednesday
said here that the Ram temple issue will never lose its appeal
despite the fact that BJP could not win Assembly seat from
Ayodhya in the Uttar Pradesh election.
"Ram temple issue will never end, otherwise you would not
have raised this question," Bharti said, talking to reporters
at her residence here. She herself contested and won from
Charkhari in Bundelkhand region of Uttar Pradesh.
Talking about reasons for defeat in Ayodhya, the
epicentre of Ram Janmabhoomi agitation which BJP had backed,
Bharti said that perhaps BJP candidate, who had represented
the seat many times, was not up to people`s expectations.
But the temple issue would not fade, she said.
Regarding BJP`s organisational weaknesses, she said she
would definitely air her views at the party forum.
UP results will have an impact on the national politics,
she said, adding that she would work as per the wish of the
BJP president, to improve the situation ahead of the Lok Sabha
Bharti also said that Akhilesh Yadav, Samajwadi Party`s
rising star, will have to ensure that he is able to control
the party cadre, in view of the fact that everybody in his
party acted independently.
To a query on BJP MLA Dhruv Narayan Singh`s alleged
involvement in Shehla Masood`s murder, Bharti refused to
comment, saying that CBI was probing the case.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!