Ayodhya issue not dead: Uma Bharti
Bhopal: Senior BJP leader Uma Bharti on Wednesday
said here that the Ram temple issue will never lose its appeal
despite the fact that BJP could not win Assembly seat from
Ayodhya in the Uttar Pradesh election.
"Ram temple issue will never end, otherwise you would not
have raised this question," Bharti said, talking to reporters
at her residence here. She herself contested and won from
Charkhari in Bundelkhand region of Uttar Pradesh.
Talking about reasons for defeat in Ayodhya, the
epicentre of Ram Janmabhoomi agitation which BJP had backed,
Bharti said that perhaps BJP candidate, who had represented
the seat many times, was not up to people`s expectations.
But the temple issue would not fade, she said.
Regarding BJP`s organisational weaknesses, she said she
would definitely air her views at the party forum.
UP results will have an impact on the national politics,
she said, adding that she would work as per the wish of the
BJP president, to improve the situation ahead of the Lok Sabha
Bharti also said that Akhilesh Yadav, Samajwadi Party`s
rising star, will have to ensure that he is able to control
the party cadre, in view of the fact that everybody in his
party acted independently.
To a query on BJP MLA Dhruv Narayan Singh`s alleged
involvement in Shehla Masood`s murder, Bharti refused to
comment, saying that CBI was probing the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!