Baba Ramdev gets defamation notice for calling Congress workers `homosexuals`
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Congress Committee`s Legal and Human Rights Department`s General Secretary Pramod Kumar Dwivedi sent a defamation notice on Thursday to yoga guru Ramdev for his controversial remarks against fellow party workers on the issue of homosexuality.
The yoga guru had reportedly said, "It appears that many Congress activists were supporting gay sex as they are homosexuals".
Dwivedi said that he has sent a defamation notice to Ramdev demanding withdrawal of his controversial statement within seven days and express regrets for it on television news channels.
"We have also demanded that he should issue a written statement in newspapers apologising to Congress President Sonia Gandhi failing which legal action would be taken against him," Dwivedi said.
He said that because of Ramdev`s controversial statement, Congress workers` social reputation was damaged and they have to face humiliating situations at many places in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan
- BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016 : BSEB Bihar Board Intermediate Result 2016, BSEB 12th Vocational Results to be declared at biharboard.bih.nic.in, www.biharboard.net
- US snubs Pakistan, says India's entry to nuclear club is not about arms
- Congress to hold legislature party meeting in Puducherry today, decision on CM candidate likely