Baba Ramdev gets defamation notice for calling Congress workers `homosexuals`
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Congress Committee`s Legal and Human Rights Department`s General Secretary Pramod Kumar Dwivedi sent a defamation notice on Thursday to yoga guru Ramdev for his controversial remarks against fellow party workers on the issue of homosexuality.
The yoga guru had reportedly said, "It appears that many Congress activists were supporting gay sex as they are homosexuals".
Dwivedi said that he has sent a defamation notice to Ramdev demanding withdrawal of his controversial statement within seven days and express regrets for it on television news channels.
"We have also demanded that he should issue a written statement in newspapers apologising to Congress President Sonia Gandhi failing which legal action would be taken against him," Dwivedi said.
He said that because of Ramdev`s controversial statement, Congress workers` social reputation was damaged and they have to face humiliating situations at many places in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan