Baba Ramdev targets MPs again
Morena: Yoga guru Ramdev on Monday continued his tirade against Members of Parliament, terming some of them as "corrupt, amoral and murderers".
"Some of the MPs sitting in Parliament are corrupt, amoral and murderers. People should not elect such persons to the nation`s highest body," he said addressing a gathering at a yoga camp here in the presence of Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
In another controversial statement, the yoga guru, addressing a meeting yesterday at Porsa town, had said "dacoits have been promoted and now they have come out of forests and reached Delhi."
"People should not elect such persons to Lok Sabha and Vidhan Sabha."
He later today visited revolutionary leader Ram Prasad Bismil`s ancestral village Barvai and paid tributes to him.
Ramdev charged people are facing a lot of problems because of inflation and the government is not doing anything to provide relief to them.
Those indulging in black marketing have no fear, Ramdev alleged said, adding he will fight till his last breath for bringing back black money stashed in foreign countries.
Earlier, the Chief Minister had a closed-door meeting with Ramdev at Morena which lasted for over one and half hours.
Meanwhile, Congress workers burnt an effigy of Ramdev at the collectorate here.
Talking to reporters, District Congress President Rakesh Mawai alleged the yoga guru was working at the behest of BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- On being No. 1 in Tests: We need to do a lot to maintain it, says Pakistan skipper Misbah-ul-Haq
- Reasons why you're having chest pain!
- Madhya Pradesh assembly to consider GST Bill today
- Rohith Vemula suicide case: Hyderabad V-C can't be held responsible, concludes HRD probe panel
- Saradha scam: ED summons P Chidambaram's wife Nalini