Baba Ramdev’s convoy attacked in Bhopal
New Delhi: Days ahead of his proposed agitation against black money in Delhi, yoga guru Baba Ramdev’s convoy was on Thursday attacked in Bhopal.
According to reports, the yoga teacher’s car was targeted by a group of men, believed to be Congress workers, who pelted stones and raised slogans against him.
However, Baba Ramdev was escorted by his security staff and his supporters and taken to a safer place.
The incident comes a day after hundreds of supporters of Digvijay Singh vandalized shops owned by Baba Ramdev following his criticism of the Congress leader.
Singh’s supporters not only vandalised shops, but also painted the photograph of the Yoga guru with black ink in Bhopal.
Both Anna Hazare and Baba Ramdev had recently renewed attack on the UPA government, accusing it of not showing enough resolve in tackling corruption and bringing back black money stashed away abroad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen