Bajarang Dal activists wave black flags to Jairam Ramesh
Indore: About 40 activists of Bajarang Dal who tried to show black flags to Union Rural Development minister Jairam Ramesh for his recent remarks on temples and toilets were Sunday arrested here, police said.
According to sources, Bajarang Dal activists were protesting against remarks made by Ramesh that toilets were more important than temples.
"Toilets are more important than temples. No matter how many temples we go to, we are not going to get salvation. We need to give priority to toilets and cleanliness," Ramesh had said at a meeting recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband