Bajarang Dal activists wave black flags to Jairam Ramesh
Indore: About 40 activists of Bajarang Dal who tried to show black flags to Union Rural Development minister Jairam Ramesh for his recent remarks on temples and toilets were Sunday arrested here, police said.
According to sources, Bajarang Dal activists were protesting against remarks made by Ramesh that toilets were more important than temples.
"Toilets are more important than temples. No matter how many temples we go to, we are not going to get salvation. We need to give priority to toilets and cleanliness," Ramesh had said at a meeting recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred