Bajrang Dal activists assault pastor in MP
Balaghat (MP): Four activists of Bajrang Dal were booked for allegedly tearing off religious text and beating up a pastor and some members of his congregation at a prayer meeting near here, police said on Saturday.
The activists stormed the prayer meeting organised at Lalbara on the New Year eve, alleging religious conversion was taking place there. They beat up the pastor, Mahendra Nagdev, and some members of his congregation and also tore off religious text, they said.
On a complaint lodged by the pastor, the four - Hemraj Thakre, Revaram, Komal and Bunty - were booked under IPC Section 295 (injuring or defiling place of worship with intent to insult the religion of any class) and 427 (mischief causing damage), police said.
Investigations into the incident were on, police said, adding no arrest has been made so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC