Bajrang Dal activists assault pastor in MP
Balaghat (MP): Four activists of Bajrang Dal were booked for allegedly tearing off religious text and beating up a pastor and some members of his congregation at a prayer meeting near here, police said on Saturday.
The activists stormed the prayer meeting organised at Lalbara on the New Year eve, alleging religious conversion was taking place there. They beat up the pastor, Mahendra Nagdev, and some members of his congregation and also tore off religious text, they said.
On a complaint lodged by the pastor, the four - Hemraj Thakre, Revaram, Komal and Bunty - were booked under IPC Section 295 (injuring or defiling place of worship with intent to insult the religion of any class) and 427 (mischief causing damage), police said.
Investigations into the incident were on, police said, adding no arrest has been made so far.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!