Bajrang Dal activists assault pastor in MP
Balaghat (MP): Four activists of Bajrang Dal were booked for allegedly tearing off religious text and beating up a pastor and some members of his congregation at a prayer meeting near here, police said on Saturday.
The activists stormed the prayer meeting organised at Lalbara on the New Year eve, alleging religious conversion was taking place there. They beat up the pastor, Mahendra Nagdev, and some members of his congregation and also tore off religious text, they said.
On a complaint lodged by the pastor, the four - Hemraj Thakre, Revaram, Komal and Bunty - were booked under IPC Section 295 (injuring or defiling place of worship with intent to insult the religion of any class) and 427 (mischief causing damage), police said.
Investigations into the incident were on, police said, adding no arrest has been made so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'
- Hafiz Saeed's son-in-law masterminded terror attack on CRPF convoy in Pampore: Report
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit