Bajrang Dal activists assault pastor in MP
Balaghat (MP): Four activists of Bajrang Dal were booked for allegedly tearing off religious text and beating up a pastor and some members of his congregation at a prayer meeting near here, police said on Saturday.
The activists stormed the prayer meeting organised at Lalbara on the New Year eve, alleging religious conversion was taking place there. They beat up the pastor, Mahendra Nagdev, and some members of his congregation and also tore off religious text, they said.
On a complaint lodged by the pastor, the four - Hemraj Thakre, Revaram, Komal and Bunty - were booked under IPC Section 295 (injuring or defiling place of worship with intent to insult the religion of any class) and 427 (mischief causing damage), police said.
Investigations into the incident were on, police said, adding no arrest has been made so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city