Bank clerk held for raping woman on marriage pretext in MP
Morena (MP): A bank clerk was arrested for allegedly raping a woman on the pretext of marriage and sent to judicial remand.
Jitendra Jatav, a resident of Morena, had promised to marry the woman, and established sexual relations with her before getting a job at a public sector bank, prosecution said on Sunday.
However, after getting appointed as clerk in the bank`s Balaghat branch, he refused to marry the woman and fixed his marriage with someone else, following which the victim filed a complaint against him recently, prosecution said.
The accused was arrested by police yesterday and produced before a local court which, despite his written assurances to marry the woman (complainant), sent him to judicial remand.
Jatav was supposed to get married on May 1 and following his arrest, his planned marriage with a Gwalior-based woman also broke.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report