Bank clerk held for raping woman on marriage pretext in MP
Morena (MP): A bank clerk was arrested for allegedly raping a woman on the pretext of marriage and sent to judicial remand.
Jitendra Jatav, a resident of Morena, had promised to marry the woman, and established sexual relations with her before getting a job at a public sector bank, prosecution said on Sunday.
However, after getting appointed as clerk in the bank`s Balaghat branch, he refused to marry the woman and fixed his marriage with someone else, following which the victim filed a complaint against him recently, prosecution said.
The accused was arrested by police yesterday and produced before a local court which, despite his written assurances to marry the woman (complainant), sent him to judicial remand.
Jatav was supposed to get married on May 1 and following his arrest, his planned marriage with a Gwalior-based woman also broke.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!