Bar association stir after lawyer is held for eve-teasing cop
Indore (MP): A Madhya Pradesh High Court (Indore bench) lawyer was arrested on Thursday for allegedly teasing a woman sub-inspector in Vijaynangar area late last night, the police said.
The accused lawyer Amit Purohit was first detained at Vijay Nagar police station and an FIR was lodged against him under Sections 354(A) and 509 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), the police said.
Irked by the lawyer`s arrest, the bar association of the district court called a day-long strike paralysing legal work, its spokesperson said.
The striking bar association alleged that Amit was falsely implicated in the case as there was some heated arguments between him and the woman cop at a parking lot on the road side, the spokesman said, adding Amit was illegally detained in the police station and his mobile was seized.
The bar association demanded the suspension of the lady cop and withdrawal of the case, the spokesman said.
Before the strike, Amit was produced before the magistrate`s court which granted him bail, an investigating cop Jagdish Malviya said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH