Bar association stir after lawyer is held for eve-teasing cop
Indore (MP): A Madhya Pradesh High Court (Indore bench) lawyer was arrested on Thursday for allegedly teasing a woman sub-inspector in Vijaynangar area late last night, the police said.
The accused lawyer Amit Purohit was first detained at Vijay Nagar police station and an FIR was lodged against him under Sections 354(A) and 509 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), the police said.
Irked by the lawyer`s arrest, the bar association of the district court called a day-long strike paralysing legal work, its spokesperson said.
The striking bar association alleged that Amit was falsely implicated in the case as there was some heated arguments between him and the woman cop at a parking lot on the road side, the spokesman said, adding Amit was illegally detained in the police station and his mobile was seized.
The bar association demanded the suspension of the lady cop and withdrawal of the case, the spokesman said.
Before the strike, Amit was produced before the magistrate`s court which granted him bail, an investigating cop Jagdish Malviya said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed