Bar association stir after lawyer is held for eve-teasing cop
Indore (MP): A Madhya Pradesh High Court (Indore bench) lawyer was arrested on Thursday for allegedly teasing a woman sub-inspector in Vijaynangar area late last night, the police said.
The accused lawyer Amit Purohit was first detained at Vijay Nagar police station and an FIR was lodged against him under Sections 354(A) and 509 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), the police said.
Irked by the lawyer`s arrest, the bar association of the district court called a day-long strike paralysing legal work, its spokesperson said.
The striking bar association alleged that Amit was falsely implicated in the case as there was some heated arguments between him and the woman cop at a parking lot on the road side, the spokesman said, adding Amit was illegally detained in the police station and his mobile was seized.
The bar association demanded the suspension of the lady cop and withdrawal of the case, the spokesman said.
Before the strike, Amit was produced before the magistrate`s court which granted him bail, an investigating cop Jagdish Malviya said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali