Bar association stir after lawyer is held for eve-teasing cop
Indore (MP): A Madhya Pradesh High Court (Indore bench) lawyer was arrested on Thursday for allegedly teasing a woman sub-inspector in Vijaynangar area late last night, the police said.
The accused lawyer Amit Purohit was first detained at Vijay Nagar police station and an FIR was lodged against him under Sections 354(A) and 509 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), the police said.
Irked by the lawyer`s arrest, the bar association of the district court called a day-long strike paralysing legal work, its spokesperson said.
The striking bar association alleged that Amit was falsely implicated in the case as there was some heated arguments between him and the woman cop at a parking lot on the road side, the spokesman said, adding Amit was illegally detained in the police station and his mobile was seized.
The bar association demanded the suspension of the lady cop and withdrawal of the case, the spokesman said.
Before the strike, Amit was produced before the magistrate`s court which granted him bail, an investigating cop Jagdish Malviya said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?