Bhagirath Prasad is an opportunist, says Katare
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly Satyadev Katare on Wednesday criticised retired IAS officer Bhagirath Prasad calling him a "liar and opportunist" as he left the Congress to join BJP.
"Prasad is a liar and opportunist. Just before he joined the BJP, I had asked him about the rumours doing the rounds that he was joining the saffron party. However, he had told me that it was unthinkable for him to move to BJP," Katare told a news agency here.
However, a day after Prasad was given a Congress ticket from Bhind constituency, he had joined the BJP, he said.
"It was strange that Prasad had lobbied hard for a Congress ticket from Bhind constituency and yet he deserted the party," he said.
The retired IAS officer had addressed a meeting of Congress workers in Bhind a day before he quit the party, Katare further said.
Prasad had said that he left the Congress because union minister Jyotiraditya Scindia was opposed to him and had worked for his defeat in the 2009 Lok Sabha elections from Bhind.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read