Bhagirath Prasad is an opportunist, says Katare
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly Satyadev Katare on Wednesday criticised retired IAS officer Bhagirath Prasad calling him a "liar and opportunist" as he left the Congress to join BJP.
"Prasad is a liar and opportunist. Just before he joined the BJP, I had asked him about the rumours doing the rounds that he was joining the saffron party. However, he had told me that it was unthinkable for him to move to BJP," Katare told a news agency here.
However, a day after Prasad was given a Congress ticket from Bhind constituency, he had joined the BJP, he said.
"It was strange that Prasad had lobbied hard for a Congress ticket from Bhind constituency and yet he deserted the party," he said.
The retired IAS officer had addressed a meeting of Congress workers in Bhind a day before he quit the party, Katare further said.
Prasad had said that he left the Congress because union minister Jyotiraditya Scindia was opposed to him and had worked for his defeat in the 2009 Lok Sabha elections from Bhind.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report