Bharat Bandh: ‘Cong may create disturbance in MP’
Bhopal: Ruling BJP in Madhya Pradesh on Thursday claimed Congress workers under the garb of saffron activists may create "disturbance" during the day-long nationwide bandh on Thursday on the issue of steep hike in petrol prices.
"We have received credible information that some Congressmen under the garb of VHP, Shiv Sena and Bajrang Dal workers may create disturbance in major cities of the state to defame the ruling party," BJP state unit President Prabhat Jha told reporters.
The Congressmen will don saffron clothes with an intention to create disturbance in the state, he claimed.
Jha claimed the bandh has got spontaneous support from all quarters and therefore the party has decided to call it "bandh for the people and by the people".
Not just all NDA partners but even constituents of UPA, including Samajwadi Party, all Communist parties and others, are extending support to the bandh on an issue concerning common people, he said.
Jha said essential services and students appearing for any examination will be spared from the ambit of the bandh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie