Bharat Bandh: ‘Cong may create disturbance in MP’
Bhopal: Ruling BJP in Madhya Pradesh on Thursday claimed Congress workers under the garb of saffron activists may create "disturbance" during the day-long nationwide bandh on Thursday on the issue of steep hike in petrol prices.
"We have received credible information that some Congressmen under the garb of VHP, Shiv Sena and Bajrang Dal workers may create disturbance in major cities of the state to defame the ruling party," BJP state unit President Prabhat Jha told reporters.
The Congressmen will don saffron clothes with an intention to create disturbance in the state, he claimed.
Jha claimed the bandh has got spontaneous support from all quarters and therefore the party has decided to call it "bandh for the people and by the people".
Not just all NDA partners but even constituents of UPA, including Samajwadi Party, all Communist parties and others, are extending support to the bandh on an issue concerning common people, he said.
Jha said essential services and students appearing for any examination will be spared from the ambit of the bandh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- MASSIVE! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' celebrates 50 days in theatres – Details inside
- Vishal Dadlani apologises, quits politics after controversial Jain monk tweet
- Toni Kroos rocket rescues Real Madrid in Cristiano Ronaldo's absence; Atletico Madrid held again
- Suspected Kurdish militants fire rockets at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport: Media
- Gun battle kills five militants, wounds 10 in Afghanistan