Bharat Bandh: ‘Cong may create disturbance in MP’
Bhopal: Ruling BJP in Madhya Pradesh on Thursday claimed Congress workers under the garb of saffron activists may create "disturbance" during the day-long nationwide bandh on Thursday on the issue of steep hike in petrol prices.
"We have received credible information that some Congressmen under the garb of VHP, Shiv Sena and Bajrang Dal workers may create disturbance in major cities of the state to defame the ruling party," BJP state unit President Prabhat Jha told reporters.
The Congressmen will don saffron clothes with an intention to create disturbance in the state, he claimed.
Jha claimed the bandh has got spontaneous support from all quarters and therefore the party has decided to call it "bandh for the people and by the people".
Not just all NDA partners but even constituents of UPA, including Samajwadi Party, all Communist parties and others, are extending support to the bandh on an issue concerning common people, he said.
Jha said essential services and students appearing for any examination will be spared from the ambit of the bandh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert