Bharat Bandh: ‘Cong may create disturbance in MP’
Bhopal: Ruling BJP in Madhya Pradesh on Thursday claimed Congress workers under the garb of saffron activists may create "disturbance" during the day-long nationwide bandh on Thursday on the issue of steep hike in petrol prices.
"We have received credible information that some Congressmen under the garb of VHP, Shiv Sena and Bajrang Dal workers may create disturbance in major cities of the state to defame the ruling party," BJP state unit President Prabhat Jha told reporters.
The Congressmen will don saffron clothes with an intention to create disturbance in the state, he claimed.
Jha claimed the bandh has got spontaneous support from all quarters and therefore the party has decided to call it "bandh for the people and by the people".
Not just all NDA partners but even constituents of UPA, including Samajwadi Party, all Communist parties and others, are extending support to the bandh on an issue concerning common people, he said.
Jha said essential services and students appearing for any examination will be spared from the ambit of the bandh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof