Bharat Bandh: ‘Cong may create disturbance in MP’
Bhopal: Ruling BJP in Madhya Pradesh on Thursday claimed Congress workers under the garb of saffron activists may create "disturbance" during the day-long nationwide bandh on Thursday on the issue of steep hike in petrol prices.
"We have received credible information that some Congressmen under the garb of VHP, Shiv Sena and Bajrang Dal workers may create disturbance in major cities of the state to defame the ruling party," BJP state unit President Prabhat Jha told reporters.
The Congressmen will don saffron clothes with an intention to create disturbance in the state, he claimed.
Jha claimed the bandh has got spontaneous support from all quarters and therefore the party has decided to call it "bandh for the people and by the people".
Not just all NDA partners but even constituents of UPA, including Samajwadi Party, all Communist parties and others, are extending support to the bandh on an issue concerning common people, he said.
Jha said essential services and students appearing for any examination will be spared from the ambit of the bandh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown