Bharti confident of BJP`s victory in MP elections
Bhopal: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) vice president Uma Bharti on Sunday said she was confident of her party`s victory in the upcoming Madhya Pradesh Assembly elections.
"There are a number of reasons for my saying that the BJP will win the elections and the most prominent among them is the good work done by the government here," said Bharti.
Another factor that would contribute to the BJP win was the fact that she had now returned to the party, the former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister said.
She said this was not the case during the 2008 Assembly elections when her outfit, Bharatiya Janashakti Party, had contested. Her party had then garnered six per cent votes in the elections and these would now go to the BJP tally, she said.
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan can win around 150 seats on his own and her six per cent of votes will help the party secure an emphatic victory, Uma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets