Bharti confident of BJP`s victory in MP elections
Bhopal: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) vice president Uma Bharti on Sunday said she was confident of her party`s victory in the upcoming Madhya Pradesh Assembly elections.
"There are a number of reasons for my saying that the BJP will win the elections and the most prominent among them is the good work done by the government here," said Bharti.
Another factor that would contribute to the BJP win was the fact that she had now returned to the party, the former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister said.
She said this was not the case during the 2008 Assembly elections when her outfit, Bharatiya Janashakti Party, had contested. Her party had then garnered six per cent votes in the elections and these would now go to the BJP tally, she said.
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan can win around 150 seats on his own and her six per cent of votes will help the party secure an emphatic victory, Uma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical