Bhopal GoM to meet tomorrow
New Delhi: The Group of Ministers on Bhopal gas tragedy will meet here on Monday to assess the progress made since the panel handed over its recommendations to the Union Cabinet three months ago.
Sources in the Government told a news agency that the panel headed by Home Minister P Chidambaram will review the progress made by various ministries since June.
In June, the Union Cabinet had accepted all the 22 recommendations of the GoM and decided to push for extradition of former Union Carbide chief Warren Anderson and ascertain the liability of Dow Chemicals besides announcing a Rs 1265.56 crore package for relief and remediation.
In August, the CBI had filed a curative petition before the Supreme Court seeking restoration of stringent charge of culpable homicide not amounting to murder, which attracts maximum punishment of ten-year jail term, against the accused in the 1984 Bhopal gas tragedy case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Separated Indian, Pakistani siblings meet in UAE after 48 yrs
- CPI(M) leader Sushanta Ghosh slapped in West Bengal court premises
- On eve of Greece visit, Putin says problems with EU can be solved
- President Mukherjee lists 8 steps to resolve issues between India, China
- READ: What Ashish Nehra has to say about his Viral Photo with Virat Kohli