Bhopal: Youth arrested for murder of bank official
Bhopal: Within twenty-four hours of the
crime, Bhopal police on Monday arrested a youth who allegedly
stabbed a Chief Manager of the Punjab and Sind Bank, Avinash
Nagpal, at his house last night.
"Based on the evidence from the scene of crime, we
managed to arrest Shailendra Yadav (32), who brutally
murdered Nagpal at his flat in the posh Shalimar Enclave,"
Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Yogesh Choudhry said.
Yadav once worked as a driver at the Provident Fund (PF)
Department where Nagpal occasionally went for official work.
Therefore, Nagpal knew Yadav, the SSP said.
PF office later sacked Yadav because of long absences
from the duty.
Yadav allegedly learnt that Nagpal lived alone and kept a
lot of cash in the house. Last night, he broke into the house.
But Nagpal returned in the middle of the robbery. Seeing
him, Yadav panicked, thinking that Nagpal would recognise him.
He stabbed Nagpal, injuring him grievously, and dropped
cash of Rs 16,000 that he had stuffed into shirt on the floor,
the SSP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why