Bhopal: Youth arrested for murder of bank official
Bhopal: Within twenty-four hours of the
crime, Bhopal police on Monday arrested a youth who allegedly
stabbed a Chief Manager of the Punjab and Sind Bank, Avinash
Nagpal, at his house last night.
"Based on the evidence from the scene of crime, we
managed to arrest Shailendra Yadav (32), who brutally
murdered Nagpal at his flat in the posh Shalimar Enclave,"
Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Yogesh Choudhry said.
Yadav once worked as a driver at the Provident Fund (PF)
Department where Nagpal occasionally went for official work.
Therefore, Nagpal knew Yadav, the SSP said.
PF office later sacked Yadav because of long absences
from the duty.
Yadav allegedly learnt that Nagpal lived alone and kept a
lot of cash in the house. Last night, he broke into the house.
But Nagpal returned in the middle of the robbery. Seeing
him, Yadav panicked, thinking that Nagpal would recognise him.
He stabbed Nagpal, injuring him grievously, and dropped
cash of Rs 16,000 that he had stuffed into shirt on the floor,
the SSP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31