Bhopal: Youth arrested for murder of bank official
Bhopal: Within twenty-four hours of the
crime, Bhopal police on Monday arrested a youth who allegedly
stabbed a Chief Manager of the Punjab and Sind Bank, Avinash
Nagpal, at his house last night.
"Based on the evidence from the scene of crime, we
managed to arrest Shailendra Yadav (32), who brutally
murdered Nagpal at his flat in the posh Shalimar Enclave,"
Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Yogesh Choudhry said.
Yadav once worked as a driver at the Provident Fund (PF)
Department where Nagpal occasionally went for official work.
Therefore, Nagpal knew Yadav, the SSP said.
PF office later sacked Yadav because of long absences
from the duty.
Yadav allegedly learnt that Nagpal lived alone and kept a
lot of cash in the house. Last night, he broke into the house.
But Nagpal returned in the middle of the robbery. Seeing
him, Yadav panicked, thinking that Nagpal would recognise him.
He stabbed Nagpal, injuring him grievously, and dropped
cash of Rs 16,000 that he had stuffed into shirt on the floor,
the SSP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state