Bhopal: Youth arrested for murder of bank official
Bhopal: Within twenty-four hours of the
crime, Bhopal police on Monday arrested a youth who allegedly
stabbed a Chief Manager of the Punjab and Sind Bank, Avinash
Nagpal, at his house last night.
"Based on the evidence from the scene of crime, we
managed to arrest Shailendra Yadav (32), who brutally
murdered Nagpal at his flat in the posh Shalimar Enclave,"
Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Yogesh Choudhry said.
Yadav once worked as a driver at the Provident Fund (PF)
Department where Nagpal occasionally went for official work.
Therefore, Nagpal knew Yadav, the SSP said.
PF office later sacked Yadav because of long absences
from the duty.
Yadav allegedly learnt that Nagpal lived alone and kept a
lot of cash in the house. Last night, he broke into the house.
But Nagpal returned in the middle of the robbery. Seeing
him, Yadav panicked, thinking that Nagpal would recognise him.
He stabbed Nagpal, injuring him grievously, and dropped
cash of Rs 16,000 that he had stuffed into shirt on the floor,
the SSP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves