Bhuria condemns police action on gas victims
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Congress President
Kantilal Bhuria on Tuesday strongly condemned the police action
against gas victims who were staging a rail roko agitation on
the 27th anniversary of the Bhopal Gas Disaster on December 3.
In a statement, the State Congress President condemned
the police repression on gas victims and said the police was
continuing to harass them which was inhuman.
Bhuria said preparations for the rail roko agitation had
begun almost a month back and the organisations had sought the
permission of the district administration for it.
He said police had cane charged the gas victims without
Bhuria said the state government should sit with the
organisations working for gas victims and consider their
Meanwhile, a delegation led by Congress MP Preme Chand
Guddu submitted a memorandum to the Madhya Pradesh Governor
demanding a high level inquiry into the police action.
The memorandum said that police and administration were
informed about the rail roko agitation well in advance but no
precautionary measure had been taken control the situation.
Guddu also drew the Governor`s attention to the shortage
of fertilisers and seeds for farmers in Ujjain district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday