Bhuria condemns police action on gas victims
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Congress President
Kantilal Bhuria on Tuesday strongly condemned the police action
against gas victims who were staging a rail roko agitation on
the 27th anniversary of the Bhopal Gas Disaster on December 3.
In a statement, the State Congress President condemned
the police repression on gas victims and said the police was
continuing to harass them which was inhuman.
Bhuria said preparations for the rail roko agitation had
begun almost a month back and the organisations had sought the
permission of the district administration for it.
He said police had cane charged the gas victims without
Bhuria said the state government should sit with the
organisations working for gas victims and consider their
Meanwhile, a delegation led by Congress MP Preme Chand
Guddu submitted a memorandum to the Madhya Pradesh Governor
demanding a high level inquiry into the police action.
The memorandum said that police and administration were
informed about the rail roko agitation well in advance but no
precautionary measure had been taken control the situation.
Guddu also drew the Governor`s attention to the shortage
of fertilisers and seeds for farmers in Ujjain district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions