Bhuria condemns police action on gas victims
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Congress President
Kantilal Bhuria on Tuesday strongly condemned the police action
against gas victims who were staging a rail roko agitation on
the 27th anniversary of the Bhopal Gas Disaster on December 3.
In a statement, the State Congress President condemned
the police repression on gas victims and said the police was
continuing to harass them which was inhuman.
Bhuria said preparations for the rail roko agitation had
begun almost a month back and the organisations had sought the
permission of the district administration for it.
He said police had cane charged the gas victims without
Bhuria said the state government should sit with the
organisations working for gas victims and consider their
Meanwhile, a delegation led by Congress MP Preme Chand
Guddu submitted a memorandum to the Madhya Pradesh Governor
demanding a high level inquiry into the police action.
The memorandum said that police and administration were
informed about the rail roko agitation well in advance but no
precautionary measure had been taken control the situation.
Guddu also drew the Governor`s attention to the shortage
of fertilisers and seeds for farmers in Ujjain district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot