Bhuria condemns police action on gas victims
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Congress President
Kantilal Bhuria on Tuesday strongly condemned the police action
against gas victims who were staging a rail roko agitation on
the 27th anniversary of the Bhopal Gas Disaster on December 3.
In a statement, the State Congress President condemned
the police repression on gas victims and said the police was
continuing to harass them which was inhuman.
Bhuria said preparations for the rail roko agitation had
begun almost a month back and the organisations had sought the
permission of the district administration for it.
He said police had cane charged the gas victims without
Bhuria said the state government should sit with the
organisations working for gas victims and consider their
Meanwhile, a delegation led by Congress MP Preme Chand
Guddu submitted a memorandum to the Madhya Pradesh Governor
demanding a high level inquiry into the police action.
The memorandum said that police and administration were
informed about the rail roko agitation well in advance but no
precautionary measure had been taken control the situation.
Guddu also drew the Governor`s attention to the shortage
of fertilisers and seeds for farmers in Ujjain district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?