Bhuria condemns police action on gas victims
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Congress President
Kantilal Bhuria on Tuesday strongly condemned the police action
against gas victims who were staging a rail roko agitation on
the 27th anniversary of the Bhopal Gas Disaster on December 3.
In a statement, the State Congress President condemned
the police repression on gas victims and said the police was
continuing to harass them which was inhuman.
Bhuria said preparations for the rail roko agitation had
begun almost a month back and the organisations had sought the
permission of the district administration for it.
He said police had cane charged the gas victims without
Bhuria said the state government should sit with the
organisations working for gas victims and consider their
Meanwhile, a delegation led by Congress MP Preme Chand
Guddu submitted a memorandum to the Madhya Pradesh Governor
demanding a high level inquiry into the police action.
The memorandum said that police and administration were
informed about the rail roko agitation well in advance but no
precautionary measure had been taken control the situation.
Guddu also drew the Governor`s attention to the shortage
of fertilisers and seeds for farmers in Ujjain district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi