Bhuria questions MP over children`s deaths due to malnutrition
Indore: The Union Tribal Affairs Minister
Kanti Lal Bhuria on Saturday questioned the manner in which the
Madhya Pradesh government was handling deaths of children due
Talking to reporters during a function here, the
Minister said it was distressing that these deaths were taking
place at a time when the Centre was giving enough financial
assistance and foodgrains to Madhya Pradesh for the children.
Referring to non-governmental organisations`
complaints on malnutrition deaths of children in MP, he said
the situation was more serious in the tribal-dominated
districts of Jhabua and Khandwa.
Bhuria said it was the duty and responsibility of the
State government to make sure that funds and foodgrains
reached those for whom they were meant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest