Bio-toilets to be fitted in Indore-Jammu Tawi Exp
Indore: Indore-Jammu Tawi Malwa Express
will soon have the environment-friendly bio-toilets to ensure that the railway tracks do not get littered, a senior official said.
All AC and non-AC coaches will be retrofitted with
bio-toilets which could convert human waste into methane gas
after setting up aerobic and anaerobic chemical reactions in
the containers attached below the coaches, Western Railway
Carriage Depot officer I L Sahu told a press conference here.
No waste or effluent would be discharged on the tracks
from the running train, he said.
Meanwhile, Sahu informed that the Ratlam division of
the western railway has been spending Rs 30 to 35 lakh monthly
on maintaining 120-odd coaches.
The Ratlam depot also has a mechanised laundry to
clean up over 1.5 tone of linen and blankets of ac coaches
daily, he said.
An extension plan for the 710-metre shade at the depot
is also on cards, Sahu added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley