BJP adopting double standards on corruption, black money: Congress
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Congress has accused the BJP of adopting double standards on the issue of corruption and black money.
"BJP is the only party in the country to have got two tainted presidents who were found involved in corruption while holding the post," Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh said in a statement here.
He said while the BJP shunned tribal leader and former party president Bangaru Laxaman when he was caught on camera accepting bribe, the party was defending its present chief Nitin Gadkari, in wake of allegations of dubious funding of his company.
"Ironically, BJP patriarch Lal Krishna Advani had taken out a rally across the country on the issue of corruption and black money," Singh said.
He also alleged that corruption is at the peak in Madhya Pradesh and Gujarat.
Taking a dig at BJP over its leader Ram Jethmalani`s remarks that Lord Ram was a "bad husband", the Congress leader said, "The saffron party, which used Lord Ram`s name for political gains, seems to have suddenly developed antipathy for the deity. At least the statements of Jethmalani and Vinay Katiyar indicated this."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand