BJP asks its workers to pay Rs 5 for Narendra Modi’s meet in Bhopal
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
Bhopal: Narendra Modi is due in Bhopal to address a mass meeting on September 25 for election campaign in Madhya Pradesh. The BJP’s prime ministerial candidate will address the rally along with Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, party president Rajnath Singh and also sharing the dais will be party’s veteran leader LK Advani.
After asking the youth in Hyderabad to pay Rs 5 for Modi`s address, the BJP now has asked its workers to pay Rs 5 per member for attending the mass meeting. "People are confusing it with the Hyderabad programme where Rs 5 tickets were sold to the public during Modi`s meet, but here it is purely for booth-level BJP workers," Madhya Pradesh BJP`s Chief Election Campaign In-charge Anil Madhav Dave said. "Nearly seven lakh party workers are expected to attend the meet," he added.
As the BJP continues to try to dispel apprehensions of the Muslims about the Gujarat chief minister, the party once again, like in Jaipur, has asked them to attend the ‘Karyakarta Mahamukbha’ in Bhopal wearing skull caps and burqas.
Last week in Jaipur, the party had distributed skull caps and burqas for the Modi rally. And the BJP claims that around 50,000 Muslims are expected to attend the rally in Bhopal.
Also, senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley on Tuesday urged the Muslims to judge Modi on overall performance in Gujarat since 2002. The BJP is making all efforts to promote Modi and gather the Muslim support for its prime ministerial candidate for the 2014 general elections.
Madhya Pradesh is all set for state Assembly Elections this year. The BJP`s manifesto for the upcoming election in the state will focus on youth and employment and is expected to be finalized by first week of October.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what