BJP asks its workers to pay Rs 5 for Narendra Modi’s meet in Bhopal
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
Bhopal: Narendra Modi is due in Bhopal to address a mass meeting on September 25 for election campaign in Madhya Pradesh. The BJP’s prime ministerial candidate will address the rally along with Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, party president Rajnath Singh and also sharing the dais will be party’s veteran leader LK Advani.
After asking the youth in Hyderabad to pay Rs 5 for Modi`s address, the BJP now has asked its workers to pay Rs 5 per member for attending the mass meeting. "People are confusing it with the Hyderabad programme where Rs 5 tickets were sold to the public during Modi`s meet, but here it is purely for booth-level BJP workers," Madhya Pradesh BJP`s Chief Election Campaign In-charge Anil Madhav Dave said. "Nearly seven lakh party workers are expected to attend the meet," he added.
As the BJP continues to try to dispel apprehensions of the Muslims about the Gujarat chief minister, the party once again, like in Jaipur, has asked them to attend the ‘Karyakarta Mahamukbha’ in Bhopal wearing skull caps and burqas.
Last week in Jaipur, the party had distributed skull caps and burqas for the Modi rally. And the BJP claims that around 50,000 Muslims are expected to attend the rally in Bhopal.
Also, senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley on Tuesday urged the Muslims to judge Modi on overall performance in Gujarat since 2002. The BJP is making all efforts to promote Modi and gather the Muslim support for its prime ministerial candidate for the 2014 general elections.
Madhya Pradesh is all set for state Assembly Elections this year. The BJP`s manifesto for the upcoming election in the state will focus on youth and employment and is expected to be finalized by first week of October.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Swiss fighter jet missing, believed crashed: Ministry
- PM Narendra Modi reviews plans to counter strike by trade unions
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir