BJP condemns firing during minister`s b’day
Bhopal: Condemning the incident, the BJP on Saturday said it was "shocked" by the celebratory firing which took place during the birthday of Madhya Pradesh Finance Minister Raghavji.
The Madhya Pradesh BJP president, Prabhat Jha, said here today that he was "shocked" by the gun-firing during the birthday celebrations of the minister in Vidisha on July 7.
"Firing in the air like this is not the culture of the BJP and the incident deserves to be condemned by one and all," Jha said.
BJP general secretary, Anant Kumar, who is in charge of Madhya Pradesh, had been apprised of the incident and was unhappy with the way the minister`s birthday was celebrated, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO