BJP condemns firing during minister`s b’day
Bhopal: Condemning the incident, the BJP on Saturday said it was "shocked" by the celebratory firing which took place during the birthday of Madhya Pradesh Finance Minister Raghavji.
The Madhya Pradesh BJP president, Prabhat Jha, said here today that he was "shocked" by the gun-firing during the birthday celebrations of the minister in Vidisha on July 7.
"Firing in the air like this is not the culture of the BJP and the incident deserves to be condemned by one and all," Jha said.
BJP general secretary, Anant Kumar, who is in charge of Madhya Pradesh, had been apprised of the incident and was unhappy with the way the minister`s birthday was celebrated, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what