BJP, Cong in war of words over wheat procurement
Bhopal: The ruling BJP and Opposition Congress in Madhya Pradesh are engaged in a war of words over the procurement of wheat during this season.
While the BJP government is claiming credit for record procurement of wheat, the Congress has charged it with irregularities in the matter.
Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh, also the former chief minister of the state, has written to the Centre asking for a probe into the manner in which wheat was purchased.
The probe should find out if wheat meant for the Public Distribution System had also been purchased by the state government, Singh said.
Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly, Ajay Singh, has charged the state government with making false claims about various issues related to wheat purchase.
The farmers had managed a record production of wheat although the state government had not been able to provide them with adequate electricity, seeds and irrigation facilities, Ajay said.
The state government had lied on the issue of gunny bags used for wheat purchase, he alleged.
Meanwhile, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said the Congress was insulting the labour put in by farmers to have a record production of wheat.
The Congress first tried to create obstacles in the way of wheat purchase and later even planned to launch an agitation on the issue, Chouhan said.
"When it failed to launch the agitation, the Congress started saying that there were a number of irregularities in wheat purchase in the state," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?