BJP, Cong workers clash in MP
Mhow: Seven BJP workers were injured in a clash with their Congress counterparts at Pigdambar village in Mhow tahsil of poll-bound Madhya Pradesh, police said Thursday.
The incident occurred when the BJP workers travelling in an SUV were allegedly intercepted at the village last night by the Congress workers, they said.
An altercation broke out between the two groups, which turned into fisticuffs, police said.
A case under various sections of the IPC was registered against Congress workers Bane Singh, Vijendra Singh, Inder Singh Tanwar, Anil Thakur and five others.
Rallies by ruling BJP and Congress are going on in full swing ahead of the November 25 Assembly elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt