BJP, Congress exude confidence of winning Madhya Pradesh polls
Bhopal: With less than a month to go for the Assembly polls in Madhya Pradesh, both the ruling BJP and Opposition Congress have exuded confidence of winning the elections.
"There is no doubt that the BJP will win next month`s Assembly Elections," BJP vice president Prabhat Jha said.
"The Congress is nowhere in the picture and is heading for a definite defeat, while the BJP is moving fast in the direction of a certain win," claimed Jha, the former president of the state party unit.
However, the Congress does not subscribe to the views of its main rival party as Leader of Opposition in state Assembly, Ajay Singh, is equally confident of his party`s win in the November 25 Assembly Elections.
Confident of his party`s win, Ajay had recently told reporters here that "Congress will win 136 out of the total of 230 seats in the state Assembly."
The BJP`s hopes of a victory rest on what it claims to be the massive development undertaken in the state ever since it came to power in 2003.
On the other hand, the Congress is not impressed with the tall claims of the saffron party and their leaders say that Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan did nothing but made announcements most which did not translate into reality.
The Congress has also alleged that there is poor law and order situation, higher atrocities against women, concerning level of malnutrition and to top it all rampant corruption in the state.
Before December 2003, Madhya Pradesh was thought of as a `Congress state` where no non-Congress government had ever completed five-year term in office.
But, the scenario changed after the BJP`s win in 2003 with the party now nearing completion of two consecutive full terms in the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read