BJP defending Kumar shows close ties with Hindu radicals: Digvijay
Bhopal: Congress General Secretary Digvijay
Singh has said that by defending RSS leader Indresh Kumar,
whose name figures in the 2007 Ajmer blast chargesheet, the
BJP has again proved its close ties with Hindu radical
elements involved in terrorist activities.
"First the BJP defended Pragya Thakur (a key accused in
the Malegaon blast case), Dayanand Pandey, Colonel Purohit,
and now it is defending Indresh Kumar. This shows its close
ties with Hindu radical elements," Singh said in a statement
on e-mail last night from the US.
"It is believed, and I am sure that the agencies would
have the facts that Devendra Gupta, Lokesh Sharma, Raju
Kalangsara, Sunil Dange and Sunil Joshi, all involved in the
bomb blast had extremely close ties with Kumar," he said.
Kumar`s name figures in the 806-page chargesheet filed
by Rajasthan ATS which states that he was present at a secret
meeting on October 31, 2005 at Gujrati guest house in Jaipur.
Singh said he would like to congratulate the Rajasthan
ATS for having done a great job in solving the Ajmer blast
case and booking the real culprits.
"The earlier BJP regime in Rajasthan did not pursue the
lead in this case under pressure from top leadership of the
RSS and the BJP," the Congress leader said.
Singh said that the ATS Rajasthan must closely work
with NIA and interrogate Indresh Kumar to find out the
whereabouts of Kalangsara and Dange, the masterminds behind
the Malegaon, Modasa, Ajmer Dargah Sharif, Samjhauta Express
and Mecca Masjid blasts in Andhra Pradesh.
"All those who have been wrongly implicated in the cases
should be immediately released," he demanded.
Five persons have been accused in the chargesheet of
conspiring the Ajmer blast in 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'