BJP demands separate union budget for farmers
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh unit of BJP today demanded a separate union budget for farmers.
"The Centre must have a `Kisan` budget and it should call a special session of Parliament to discuss issues affecting farmers," state BJP president Prabhat Jha said here.
He called upon the Centre to organise a national level Kisan Mahapanchayat to hear problems of farmers on the spot.
An agriculture cabinet has been set up in the state and a similar step should be taken by the Central government, Jha said, adding that BJP will soon submit a memorandum in this regard to the Prime Minister.
Jha claimed Madhya Pradesh was the first state to provide 80 per cent subsidy to SC/ST and 70 per cent to OBC and general category farmers.
The UPA government had increased the rates of fertilisers thrice and hiked pesticides prices which pushed up the diesel and petrol rates, thus affecting the farmers and the common man, he said.
Jha said Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan will be felicitated at Atal Kisan Mahapanchayat to be held here on July 15 and BJP president Nitin Gadkari, leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj, former BJP chief Rajnath Singh and party general secretary Ananth Kumar will also grace the occasion.
To a query, he said the recent victory of BJP in the civic elections was the result of hard work put in by the party and the changing attitude of people, specially tribals, dalits and Muslims towards BJP.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended