BJP demands separate union budget for farmers
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh unit of BJP today demanded a separate union budget for farmers.
"The Centre must have a `Kisan` budget and it should call a special session of Parliament to discuss issues affecting farmers," state BJP president Prabhat Jha said here.
He called upon the Centre to organise a national level Kisan Mahapanchayat to hear problems of farmers on the spot.
An agriculture cabinet has been set up in the state and a similar step should be taken by the Central government, Jha said, adding that BJP will soon submit a memorandum in this regard to the Prime Minister.
Jha claimed Madhya Pradesh was the first state to provide 80 per cent subsidy to SC/ST and 70 per cent to OBC and general category farmers.
The UPA government had increased the rates of fertilisers thrice and hiked pesticides prices which pushed up the diesel and petrol rates, thus affecting the farmers and the common man, he said.
Jha said Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan will be felicitated at Atal Kisan Mahapanchayat to be held here on July 15 and BJP president Nitin Gadkari, leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj, former BJP chief Rajnath Singh and party general secretary Ananth Kumar will also grace the occasion.
To a query, he said the recent victory of BJP in the civic elections was the result of hard work put in by the party and the changing attitude of people, specially tribals, dalits and Muslims towards BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India