BJP govt has failed to address issues of minorities: Congress
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh Congress` minority department has accused the state BJP government of failing to address the concerns of minorities.
"It is only the Congress government in the country which has done a lot for the welfare of the minority community since independence," the party`s all India minority department chairman Khurshid Ahmad Syed told reporters here yesterday.
He was participating in a day-long state level convention organised to regain the faith of the minorities.
The Centre has implemented most of the recommendations of the Sachar committee report barring few, and the party also tried to bring Communal Violence Bill in Parliament, but it could not be passed because of the opposition, Khurshid said.
He lauded the role of Congress president Sonia Gandhi and vice president Rahul Gandhi in the implementation of Sachar committee report.
The party`s state minority department chairman Mohd Saleem alleged that the BJP government has a discriminatory attitude towards minority community.
The Congress is the only well wisher of the minority community and it has started a lot of programmes for them in the country, party`s state chief Arun Yadav said.
Leader of Opposition in MP Assembly Satyadev Katare, senior Congress leader Ibrahim Qureshi and many others spoke on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- LeT 'Ameer' led funeral procession of Burhan Wani, says Hafiz Saeed
- Strike of auto and taxi unions against app-based cab services in Delhi ends
- Bihar flood toll rises to 22; 17 lakh people in 10 districts affected
- VIDEO! History-maker Kusal Mendis hits six to complete his century against Australia
- ISRO rocket launch postponed in wake of missing IAF aircraft search!