BJP govt in MP a school for corruption: Ajay Singh
Jabalpur: Leader of the Opposition in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly, Ajay Singh, has charged the ruling BJP with bringing disrepute to the state in view of the large amount of unaccounted wealth being allegedly seized from government servants.
Under the BJP, the official machinery in the state has been turned into a "school for corruption" what with property and assets worth Rs 1,000 crore recovered from government servants in the last one year, Singh alleged while addressing a public meeting last evening during his `Jana Chetna` yatra at Malhera, the constituency of former Chief Minister Uma Bharti.
He said the chief minister was trying to save himself and his ministers by diverting attention to corruption by peons, patwaris and clerks in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Italy rescues around 1,100 migrants in Mediterranean
- Usain Bolt was poor, eating beef helped him win nine medals in Olympics: BJP MP Udit Raj
- After Gilgit, PoK and Balochistan, 'azaadi' slogans resonate in Pakistan's Sindh – Watch
- Gold price inches down on steady dollar, Fed rate hike remains on cards
- Curfew lifted from Kashmir after 51 days, restrictions continue in parts of Srinagar, Pulwama