BJP govt in MP not fulfilling promises: Scindia
Gwalior: Union Minister of State for Power (Independent Charge) Jyotiraditya Scindia has charged the ruling BJP government in Madhya Pradesh with inefficiency, misrule and reneging the promises made to the people.
"The BJP had made a number of promises to the people of the state before the November 2008 elections, but most of them have not been fulfilled," Scindia alleged here on Thursday evening.
The state government had promised to waive off loans up to Rs 50,000 for farmers, but it has not done that, the Minister said.
While inaugurating the Rs 250 crore power sector scheme for Gwalior, Scindia lamented that the farmers and youths were devoid of opportunities which were available in other states.
Considering the crime graph of Madhya Pradesh, the safety and security of men and women in the state has become a matter of concern, he said.
The Madhya Pradesh government can improve energy availability only after reducing transmission losses which now stand at over 38 percent, he said.
Measures were being taken to ensure that there was no national grid failure caused due to withdrawal of electricity by states beyond their quota, the Minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them