BJP govt "most corrupt": Ajay Singh
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in Madhya
Pradesh Assembly, Ajay Singh, on Monday hit out at the ruling BJP
government by calling it "most corrupt".
"Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan talks too much
about turning the state into golden Madhya Pradesh, but only
ministers are becoming ‘golden’," Ajay said, initiating the
discussion on the no-confidence motion in the Assembly.
He alleged that Chouhan had once claimed that he did not
own a house in Bhopal, but now there were 10 houses in the
city in the names of his near-and-dear ones.
The Chief Minister was surrounded by a coterie of corrupt
officials and politicians, he said.
The Congress leader also referred to alleged scandal in
the mining sector. "I am confident that if an inquiry is
conducted into the mining leases given in Madhya Pradesh, the
scandal that will come out would be bigger than the Bellary
scam of Karnataka," he said.
Targeting Chouhan`s colleagues, Ajay named PWD Minister
Nagendra Singh, Home Minister Uma Shankar Gupta and Energy
Minister Rajendra Shukla for alleged inefficiency, and for
allowing corruption in their departments.
He claimed that relatives of Nagendra Singh were being
given government contracts in violation of norms.
Ajay also said that one of the government officers owned
an Audi car. "I am sure that this car costs even more than the
Chief Minister`s salary for the entire five years."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference