BJP govt "most corrupt": Ajay Singh
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in Madhya
Pradesh Assembly, Ajay Singh, on Monday hit out at the ruling BJP
government by calling it "most corrupt".
"Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan talks too much
about turning the state into golden Madhya Pradesh, but only
ministers are becoming ‘golden’," Ajay said, initiating the
discussion on the no-confidence motion in the Assembly.
He alleged that Chouhan had once claimed that he did not
own a house in Bhopal, but now there were 10 houses in the
city in the names of his near-and-dear ones.
The Chief Minister was surrounded by a coterie of corrupt
officials and politicians, he said.
The Congress leader also referred to alleged scandal in
the mining sector. "I am confident that if an inquiry is
conducted into the mining leases given in Madhya Pradesh, the
scandal that will come out would be bigger than the Bellary
scam of Karnataka," he said.
Targeting Chouhan`s colleagues, Ajay named PWD Minister
Nagendra Singh, Home Minister Uma Shankar Gupta and Energy
Minister Rajendra Shukla for alleged inefficiency, and for
allowing corruption in their departments.
He claimed that relatives of Nagendra Singh were being
given government contracts in violation of norms.
Ajay also said that one of the government officers owned
an Audi car. "I am sure that this car costs even more than the
Chief Minister`s salary for the entire five years."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues