BJP govt wasting money on growth campaign in MP, says Congress
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh on Thursday slammed Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan for "wasting" public money on "disinformation" campaign about development in the BJP-ruled State, where polls are due by the year-end.
"The Chief Minister has started a cheap culture of wasting public money. He has spent Rs 50 crore on a campaign which projected Madhya Pradesh as the No. 1 state in terms of economic growth," he said at a press conference here.
"Even a blind person knows the State is not No. 1 on growth chart," the Congress leader said, mocking at the campaign.
The Opposition had been repeatedly exposing the BJP Government`s hollow claims about growth rate. Despite this, the "disinformation" campaign was on, Ajay maintained.
In reality, it is Puducherry which tops the growth rate chart in the country, he said.
Ajay said the Planning Commission, in a letter to the State Government, has pointed out that MP`s performance is miserable in the areas of education, health, drinking water and industrial development.
Even the National Sample Survey Office (NSSO), in a report, has described the condition of schools and higher education in the State as poor, he claimed.
While per capita income in the country is Rs 43,624, in Madhya Pradesh it is just Rs 27,850. Also, MP was able to utilise only 45 per cent of the total agriculture land available in the state, the Opposition leader said.
These facts have exposed the BJP Government`s tall claims about development and the people of the State will give it a befitting reply in the coming Assembly elections, the Congress leader maintained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand