BJP hits back at Ajay Singh for allegations against MP CM
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh BJP hit back at MP assembly opposition leader Ajay Singh for levelling allegations against Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and his family members.
"Congressmen are completely frustrated as they have lost to the ruling BJP on every front, whether it is government or administration.
"Since they have a big zero achievement to their credit, they have begun launching personal attacks against Chouhan and his family members," MP BJP President Narendra Singh Tomar said in a statement.
Tomar alleged that Ajay Singh has stooped to such a level because of his family`s infamous history and cited the example of his grandfather, Shiv Bahadur Singh who was jailed on charges of corruption and forced out of the Congress Party.
The MP BJP President also wanted to know that how his father and former MP Chief Minister, late Arjun Singh who had no money at one point of time even to repay a loan for a tubewell amassed such a huge wealth that included his famous Kervan abode near Bhopal, a rubber-pouch factory in Bangalore as well as apple orchards in Solan, Himachal Pradesh.
Tomar claimed that once Ajay Singh`s father too did not have money even to pay security deposit to contest his first election, due to which he had to borrow it from the erstwhile Maharaj of Rewa Martand Singh.
So how is it that Ajay Singh is extremely wealthy and worth several crores, Tomar asked. Tomar also cited the Churhat lottery scam in which Ajay Singh was allegedly involved and wanted to know if he was under the impression that people have forgotten all these episodes.
Citing several infamous deeds associated with Ajay Singh`s family, the MP BJP president also alleged that like his father Arjun Singh who became MP chief minister by allegedly denying a tribal`s claim, Ajay Singh too seems to be toying with the idea of grabbing an opportunity to become MP chief minister, by denying another tribal`s claim to be MP chief minister.
When contacted for his reactions to Tomar`s allegations, Ajay Singh`s staff claimed that he was not in a position to take the call.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!