BJP leader commits suicide
Bhopal: A 46-year-old local BJP leader has allegedly committed suicide at his residence in Kotra Sultanabad area by hanging himself to a ceiling fan, police said on Saturday.
Police said Pandey apparently hanged himself yesterday morning. "His family members brought him down and rushed him to a private hospital where he was declared dead before admission," they said.
According to Pandey`s kin, the politician was "depressed" since his 18-year-old son Vasu drowned around 18 months ago, and was reportedly suffering from a urinary ailment.
The deceased Santosh Pandey is survived by wife and a daughter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins