BJP leader commits suicide
Bhopal: A 46-year-old local BJP leader has allegedly committed suicide at his residence in Kotra Sultanabad area by hanging himself to a ceiling fan, police said on Saturday.
Police said Pandey apparently hanged himself yesterday morning. "His family members brought him down and rushed him to a private hospital where he was declared dead before admission," they said.
According to Pandey`s kin, the politician was "depressed" since his 18-year-old son Vasu drowned around 18 months ago, and was reportedly suffering from a urinary ailment.
The deceased Santosh Pandey is survived by wife and a daughter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- East India's first cadaver liver transplant in Kolkata
- Niti Aayog to hold consultations today with states on 15-year vision document
- Coal scam: Rathi Steel, 3 officials convicted; quantum of sentence to be declared today
- Alarm bells for Nawaz Sharif! Huge protests rock PoK, locals allege ISI rigged polls in favour of PML(N)
- Chill guys! There's still time for Deepika Padukone, Fawad Khan film