BJP leader commits suicide
Bhopal: A 46-year-old local BJP leader has allegedly committed suicide at his residence in Kotra Sultanabad area by hanging himself to a ceiling fan, police said on Saturday.
Police said Pandey apparently hanged himself yesterday morning. "His family members brought him down and rushed him to a private hospital where he was declared dead before admission," they said.
According to Pandey`s kin, the politician was "depressed" since his 18-year-old son Vasu drowned around 18 months ago, and was reportedly suffering from a urinary ailment.
The deceased Santosh Pandey is survived by wife and a daughter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!