BJP leader commits suicide
Bhopal: A 46-year-old local BJP leader has allegedly committed suicide at his residence in Kotra Sultanabad area by hanging himself to a ceiling fan, police said on Saturday.
Police said Pandey apparently hanged himself yesterday morning. "His family members brought him down and rushed him to a private hospital where he was declared dead before admission," they said.
According to Pandey`s kin, the politician was "depressed" since his 18-year-old son Vasu drowned around 18 months ago, and was reportedly suffering from a urinary ailment.
The deceased Santosh Pandey is survived by wife and a daughter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi