BJP leader, five others arrested in MP for raping minor girl
Dewas: Six persons including a local BJP leader were arrested here in connection with alleged trafficking and rape of a minor girl from Assam, police said on Friday.
The accused were caught last evening during a routine checking on Ujjain road when police stopped a car on the basis of suspicion and found a 15-year-old girl in the captivity of four men, City Kotwali Police Station In-charge, Bhupendra Singh said.
The minor later told police that she was lured by a person from Doipang area near Guwahati, Assam and brought to Mumbai on the pretext of providing her a job but was allegedly raped there by few persons.
Later, she was brought to Indore in Madhya Pradesh where a middleman Raja alias Rakesh allegedly sold her to a woman agent, Mumtaz after taking money.
Mumtaz later handed over her for Rs 4,000 to four persons including Dewas Municipal Corporation`s Revenue Inspector Sabir alias Lal, a corporation employee Rohit Jalodia, BJP leader Hamid Sadar and Yaqub Sheikh.
Yesterday, they allegedly took her to a secluded place in a car for physically exploiting her but started abusing her in the vehicle itself, Singh said.
After reaching the designated spot they began squabbling over taking turns to rape her following which they decided to return, the In-charge said.
Meanwhile, Sabir allegedly raped the girl and was subsequently caught by police on the way back.
Taking a serious view of the matter, BJP has expelled the minority wing`s former office bearer Hamid from the party.
The accused will be produced in a local court today and a police team would be sent to Assam for further probing the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal