BJP leader, five others arrested in MP for raping minor girl
Dewas: Six persons including a local BJP leader were arrested here in connection with alleged trafficking and rape of a minor girl from Assam, police said on Friday.
The accused were caught last evening during a routine checking on Ujjain road when police stopped a car on the basis of suspicion and found a 15-year-old girl in the captivity of four men, City Kotwali Police Station In-charge, Bhupendra Singh said.
The minor later told police that she was lured by a person from Doipang area near Guwahati, Assam and brought to Mumbai on the pretext of providing her a job but was allegedly raped there by few persons.
Later, she was brought to Indore in Madhya Pradesh where a middleman Raja alias Rakesh allegedly sold her to a woman agent, Mumtaz after taking money.
Mumtaz later handed over her for Rs 4,000 to four persons including Dewas Municipal Corporation`s Revenue Inspector Sabir alias Lal, a corporation employee Rohit Jalodia, BJP leader Hamid Sadar and Yaqub Sheikh.
Yesterday, they allegedly took her to a secluded place in a car for physically exploiting her but started abusing her in the vehicle itself, Singh said.
After reaching the designated spot they began squabbling over taking turns to rape her following which they decided to return, the In-charge said.
Meanwhile, Sabir allegedly raped the girl and was subsequently caught by police on the way back.
Taking a serious view of the matter, BJP has expelled the minority wing`s former office bearer Hamid from the party.
The accused will be produced in a local court today and a police team would be sent to Assam for further probing the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo