BJP leader praises Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh
Indore: Senior BJP leader and a minister in the previous Shivraj Singh Chouhan-led Madhya Pradesh government, Kailash Vijaywargia heaped praise upon Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh here on Thursday, describing him as a "skilled organisation man".
"In case, the Congress expels Digvijay Singh, we will certainly request him to join the BJP," the senior BJP leader told reporters.
Vijaywargiya said that the Congress fared poorly in the Madhya Pradesh assembly elections because it did not utilise Digvijay Singh`s services "properly".
"If the Congress had used his services well, the party would not have been in such a sorry state," he said.
The senior BJP leader lashed out at the Madhya Pradesh Congress poll committee chairman Jyotiraditya Scindia and said he lacked the ability for the post.
Before the elections, Kailash had claimed that his victory margin from Mhow this time would be three times of what he had got in 2008.
He said that this did not happen because he had toured various other constituencies and was unable to devote much time to his own constituency.
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video
- John Kerry to travel to Geneva on Sunday in show of support for Syria ceasefire: US
- Istanbul braces for police lockdown on May Day
- Jat leaders to hold ‘jail bharo’ movement in Haryana today, section 144 imposed in Jind
- PM Modi to launch solar-powered boats in Varanasi today, visit to Ballia also on cards