BJP leaders in MP sheltered trio accused in Samjhauta blast: Digvijay
Indore: Congress General Secretary Digvijay
Singh on Sunday accused the ruling BJP`s senior leaders in Madhya
Pradesh of providing shelter and monetary help to three
persons allegedly involved in the Samjhauta Express blast.
"My allegation is that when these people were absconding,
senior BJP leaders in Madhya Pradesh provided them shelter and
monetary help. We want the whole case to be exposed after a
proper probe," Singh said here.
The senior Congress leader was referring to Ramchandra
Kalsangra, Sandeep Dange and slain RSS pracharak Sunil Joshi.
Singh, however, did not name any BJP leader.
His statement has come close on the heels of the National
Investigation Agency (NIA) announcing a reward of Rs 10 lakh
each for the arrest of Dange and Kalsangra, who are wanted in
connection with the Samjhauta Express blast.
Singh also claimed that the ruling BJP in Madhya Pradesh
was protecting the killers of Joshi.
The RSS pracharak, whose name has figured during the
investigations into the acts of Hindu terror, was killed in
Dewas in December 2007.
Sticking to his demand that a central agency should
investigate Joshi`s murder, the former MP chief minister said
that people behind the murder would be unmasked if such a
probe takes place.
The blast in Samjhauta Express, which runs between India
and Pakistan, took place on the night of February 17, 2007
near Panipat in Haryana, leaving 68 people dead, mostly
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price