BJP member defends Chouhan for ‘sons of soil’ comments
Bhopal: BJP National Secretary and Rajya Sabha Member, Prabhat Jha, on Saturday came out in defence of Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, saying his statement about jobs for sons of soil was being distorted by Opposition parties.
Chouhan addressing a function at Satna on Thursday had said that local must be given preference to jobs and not Biharis in industries being set up in the state.
The statement drew criticism from Congress which termed it "unconstitutional".
It was totally wrong to dub Chouhan as a leader who would make statements that are usually associated with MNS chief Raj Thackeray, Prabhat said.
Madhya Pradesh was an island of peace in the country and no effort should be made to destabilise it, he said.
The BJP MP said that both in Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh there was no scope for divisions on the basis of language, caste or religion and there was no way in which separatism can be allowed to flourish there.
Prabhat said that he was the best example of no separatist feelings in the BJP as he was born in Bihar but a Rajya Sabha member from Madhya Pradesh.
There were many other BJP leaders who were not born in Madhya Pradesh but were working for long in the state, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Sizzling Mallika Sherawat does head-stand like a pro!- WATCH
- Separatists leaders Geelani, Mirwaiz detained ahead of proposed protest march
- Pakistan fans trolled Virat Kohli after Misbah-ul-Haq & Co dethroned India in ICC rankings
- 'A Flying Jatt' Box Office collections: Tiger Shroff-Jacqueline Fernandez starrer mints Rs 7.10 cr on opening day!
- It's terrible and awful - parents leave daughters to starve at Delhi home