BJP member defends Chouhan for ‘sons of soil’ comments
Bhopal: BJP National Secretary and Rajya Sabha Member, Prabhat Jha, on Saturday came out in defence of Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, saying his statement about jobs for sons of soil was being distorted by Opposition parties.
Chouhan addressing a function at Satna on Thursday had said that local must be given preference to jobs and not Biharis in industries being set up in the state.
The statement drew criticism from Congress which termed it "unconstitutional".
It was totally wrong to dub Chouhan as a leader who would make statements that are usually associated with MNS chief Raj Thackeray, Prabhat said.
Madhya Pradesh was an island of peace in the country and no effort should be made to destabilise it, he said.
The BJP MP said that both in Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh there was no scope for divisions on the basis of language, caste or religion and there was no way in which separatism can be allowed to flourish there.
Prabhat said that he was the best example of no separatist feelings in the BJP as he was born in Bihar but a Rajya Sabha member from Madhya Pradesh.
There were many other BJP leaders who were not born in Madhya Pradesh but were working for long in the state, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!