‘BJP might try to thwart Cong agitation in MP’
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Congress on Sunday
expressed fears that its `jail bharo` agitation against the
BJP government in the state on the issue of corruption,
shortage of fertilisers and power tomorrow could be thwarted
by the ruling party.
"We have got an information that on the directions of the
BJP and the RSS, the state administration will make all out
efforts to thwart our peaceful agitation," Madhya Pradesh
Congress Committee president Kantilal Bhuria told reporters.
The agitation will be peaceful and if the administration
attempts to thwart it by using force, then the government will
be responsible for any untoward incident, he said.
Bhuria said all the district units of the party in the
state, barring Dhar, Anuppur and Rajgarh, have been asked to
launch the `jail bharo` agitation to highlight the plight of
the people, especially farmers.
As part of the Congress Party`s Mission 2013 (to regain
power in the state), such agitations would be held regularly
this year, Bhuria said.
While Bhuria will lead the agitation in Bhopal, Leader of
Opposition in the State Assembly Ajay Singh will head it at
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal