‘BJP might try to thwart Cong agitation in MP’
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Congress on Sunday
expressed fears that its `jail bharo` agitation against the
BJP government in the state on the issue of corruption,
shortage of fertilisers and power tomorrow could be thwarted
by the ruling party.
"We have got an information that on the directions of the
BJP and the RSS, the state administration will make all out
efforts to thwart our peaceful agitation," Madhya Pradesh
Congress Committee president Kantilal Bhuria told reporters.
The agitation will be peaceful and if the administration
attempts to thwart it by using force, then the government will
be responsible for any untoward incident, he said.
Bhuria said all the district units of the party in the
state, barring Dhar, Anuppur and Rajgarh, have been asked to
launch the `jail bharo` agitation to highlight the plight of
the people, especially farmers.
As part of the Congress Party`s Mission 2013 (to regain
power in the state), such agitations would be held regularly
this year, Bhuria said.
While Bhuria will lead the agitation in Bhopal, Leader of
Opposition in the State Assembly Ajay Singh will head it at
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress move to corner Amitabh Bachchan ''utter hypocrisy'': Subramanian Swamy
- India, China should resolve issues through political acumen: Pranab Mukherjee
- Ex-Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi convoy attacked, police van set on fire near Gaya
- IPL 2016: David Warner praises SRH bowlers, fielders for win over KKR in IPL Eliminator
- Not just LGBT, Sonam Kapoor is strong supporter of basic human rights