‘BJP misusing Central funds in MP, Chhattisgarh’
Bhopal: Congress on Saturday alleged "rampant
corruption" in execution of Centre-sponsored welfare schemes
in BJP-ruled Madhya Pradesh and asked party workers to expose
it to bring the party back to power in the state.
"Rampant corruption is taking place under BJP rule in
Madhya Pradesh in implementation of Centrally-sponsored
welfare schemes and I have asked the partymen to tour the
villages to expose it," AICC secretary V Hanumantha Rao
recently apoointed second in-charge of the party`s affairs in
the state, told reporters after addressing party workers here.
Accusing BJP of misusing central funds meant for the
welfare of common people, Rao said the state government has
not fulfilled the promises it had made to people, especially
farmers at the time of elections.
He alleged that the the funds allocated for the
development of Naxal areas in Chhattisgarh are being
"pocketed" by BJP workers.
Hailing recent appointments of Union Minister Kantilal
Bhuria, a tribal, as the state unit president and of Ajay
Singh as the Leader of Opposition, Rao said they will benefit
the party in 2013 Assembly polls.
On the defeat of Congress candidate in the
recently-concluded Jabera bypoll, he alleged that the BJP won
the election by resorting to unfair means.
To a question, Rao said the new state Congress
Committee representing all sections of the society will be
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued