BJP MLA in MP alleges "setting" by a company
Bhopal: In a stunning allegation, a BJP MLA on Friday said that a road construction company had told him that it had a "setting" with a minister and sub-standard work done by it would never be examined.
"I swear in the name of god that the company told me about this "setting" (with a minister) and also asked me not to raise the matter in the assembly," BJP member Arvind Singh Bhadoria said in the Madhya Pradesh assembly.
The ruling party MLA also surprised the house by saying that the company had promised to arrange 50 vehicles for him for the assembly election in November this year.
The matter of sub-standard work on National Highway No 45 was raised through a calling attention motion by Bhadoria and another MLA Dr Govind Singh in the assembly.
Dr Singh urged Deputy Speaker Harvansh Singh who was in the chair to take Bhadoria`s complaint seriously and direct the government to file a criminal case against the company.
Responding to the MLA`s charge, PWD Minister Nagendra Singh said that charges made by Bhadoria would be examined and if the company was found guilty, strict action would be taken against it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list